Sunday, April 3, 2011

Livin' On The Wedge

My apologies for lack of posts lately. I've been so busy with moving and starting my new job and my high heel online seminar that I haven't had a moment to think of fashion. Ha! As if!

Recently I realized that though I've been droning on and on and on about 70's chic wide leg jeans and pretty spring dresses, I haven't mentioned a thing about the shoes to go with them. Can you believe it?! Me! Not mentioning shoes! Something is obviously amiss.

As I sit here fresh from being coerced into the make-up chair at Saks, looking like only the highest-end drag queen around, I couldn't fit in less with the low-maintenance style of spring to come. Thankfully, that will only take a good scrubbing to get rid of so I can focus on what's really important. Shoes, obviously.

Espadrilles to be exact. They go with almost everything from whimsical silk dresses and bright floral prints, to the above mentioned wide leg jeans and requisite bikini + pareu beach uniform.

Lo and behold, they're everywhere this season. Between the natural raffia or cork wedge heels and the colorful straps, your options are practically endless with this style. Can't decide? Get all three!

Platinum
Contrast Espadrille Sandals
Saks Fifth Avenue
$165

Gold
Blanca
(ships 4/19-4/26)
$99

Debit
Cork Wedge Sandals
$29.99


You know they're everywhere and you can find a pair for a great price when Nine West is the Gold price. Now get out there and live on the wedge a little too. Just don't get suckered into the make-up chair at Saks. Take my word for it.

1 comment:

  1. Love the wedges!! How about a few options for your tallest of friends who can't rock out a 4 inch heel without making their husbands look dwarfed... just sayin' :-)

    ReplyDelete