Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Gilt-y Pleasures

I can't tell you how many times I've heard the phrase, "This is why we can't have nice things, Raina!"

Broken, lost, dropped in the Mediterranean Sea, flushed down the toilet, thrown off rooftop decks, you name it, I've had for short periods of time cell phones, cameras, watches, iPods, umbrellas, computers and more. And every time I buy something new in the categories above, I think, "this is the time I won't break it." Yet, it isn't that time.

But seriously, this time I won't break it. Or lose it. Or drop it. Or let it fall out of the car window. I swear! Why? Because this time I'm a big girl. And I'm spending big girl money to put this look together. Also, I've heard that there are people out there who don't use their cell phones as their only means to tell time.

Thus, the piece that started it all:

Michael Kors 
Bel Aire Chronograph Watch in Yellow Gold
$250

Let's add a few more gilt-y pleasurables to the mix:

BCBG
Enamel Chain Bracelet in Mauve
$25

Amrita Singh
Delhi Bangle Set
$30

BCBG
Elastic Link Bracelet
$30

 Henri Bendel
Buckle Up Baby Bangle
$78


For those of you familiar with my friend Dana's fabulous blog possessionista.com, you've seen that this new look of mine is inspired by the lovely (if incredibly jealous) Emily Maynard of The Bachelor's Brad & Emily infamy.

If you aren't following Dana, do it. She's better and funnier than I. Plus, she'll tell you where to find all the great styles on the TV shows you love. Or the TV shows you hate but have the styles you love.

Emily's armful courtesy of Dana and ABC


Emily may have found true love on the arm of her new man, but I've found it right on the end of my own arm. Now let's see if we can both keep from losing it this time around.


No comments:

Post a Comment