Monday, July 4, 2011

USA! USA! USA!

Last year on or around the 4th of July, I went to an outdoor food festival (I know, me eating copious amounts of food? Shocking!) and simply marveled at the displays of patriotism shown in the women's clothing choices. Women who are so patriotic that they wanted to shout it from their hats, handbags, fingernails, shorts, even sneakers. Now those are some patriotic women!

Nay, I can't even pretend anymore. It was horrific. So much red, white and blue, it looked like Betsey Ross had thrown up on them. Believe me, I'm a big fan of the USA. I know and support many present and former military, I make sure my nieces are quiet during the singing of the national anthem at any sporting event and I yell extra loud during the Olympics. If that's not patriotism, I simply don't know what is.

That being said, I can certainly show it in my wardrobe without looking like I defaced the American flag by resewing it into too many kitschy pieces.

Behold the beauty of (just a bit) red, white and blue...

Amanda Uprichard
$198





Forever 21
$5.80 each


7 For All Mankind
$99


J.Crew
$110

Levi's 
$31.90
(plus an additional 30% off until 7/6)

American Eagle
$29.50

H&M
$17.95


MICHAEL Michael Kors
$338

Just in case you hit the beach before your BBQ today:

Victoria's Secret
$40 (body not included)

I fear I have to mention, wear in moderation. All colors together - not really necessary. We get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment