Friday, July 29, 2011

Women Should Be Seen.

Recently I read a quote from the venerable Diane von Furstenberg. "I design for the woman who loves being a woman," she said. Yes! Yes! Ladies, there is a reason this woman is as successful as she is and has been so since she began her eponymous line in the early 70s.

Hear that pseudo-celebs who keep starting nonsense fashion lines? The ones who throw some oversized hipster t-shirts over skinny jeans and call it "design." Nicole Ritchie, I'm looking at you. Let's see where you are in 40 years.

Not surprisingly, the stunningly gorgeous Duchess Catherine (ok, I tried but I simply cannot call her that - she will always be Kate Middleton) recently wore an equally gorgeous DVF dress during her tour of "the colonies." Why? Not just because she's smart and wore an American designer while in America, but because she holds the same style morals as Ms. von Furstenberg.

She loves being a woman and looking like one. She accentuates her figure with feminine dresses that highlight her assets and help her remain classy and put-together at all times. I'm well aware that Kate has the funds and amenities at her disposal that the majority of us do not. The options below might not be cheap, but they're not Erdem or Jenny Packham prices.


  
I just want to show you the breathtaking Diane von Furstenberg dress. 
It sold out in a matter of hours (possibly minutes) after her appearance.
A beautiful feminine alternative (though not as effortlessly chic as Kate's example):
$345


Kate is wearing a gorgeous pale yellow Jenny Packham.
My option:
Nordstrom sale: $119.97
(I know I don't usually use pictures of myself but I look goooood in this dress and the model shot is snoozeville. 
Though I do not recommend my espadrilles. Go with Kate's nude pumps.)


Kate's perfect grey sheath is Catherine Walker.
Pauper option:
sale: $99


Kate's neutral masterpiece is Roksanda Ilincic.
Want a new neutral option?
$348

And her piece de resistance...

 

Her dress is Issa and it's affordable! But it's gone.
My available option:
$250

I dream that one day I will wake up and be her. It's hard to explain. I don't want to be a princess (my arm can't take all that waving and I would abjectly refuse to wear that ridiculous cowboy hat when my hair looks that good) and I don't want to be married to Wills (as kind and generous as he is, he seems a bit white bread for me. Do you think she falls asleep at dinner?). 

But man. I. Want. Her. Closet. And her hair. Yes, yes. Her hair. Princess Prettyhair knows what she's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment