Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Professional Me

I have an interview this afternoon (side note...YAY!!) and have the eternal conundrum of what to wear.

Now for most women, this would be an easy 1-2-3 of suit skirt, blouse, suit jacket. But a) I don't own a suit b) I don't want to own a suit and c) I don't work in an industry that requires a suit. Thus, my entire morning and even part of  last night have been taken up with thinking about what I am going to wear to walk into that office. I need to make an impression but not one that's so distracting that the men I'm meeting with can't acknowledge the genius that I am.

I'm wavering between my Trina Turk LBD (originally $278, got it on sale for $111) that I truly love and can accessorize to be a little more exciting and "me" or I have my black BCBG skirt, grey Banana Republic tweed jacket (that I bought for a song!) and Rachel Rachel Roy fuchsia sleeveless blouse. The LBD is chic and professional, the pieced-together outfit has a pop of bright color that is sure to brighten up this dreary winter day.




Conferred with my style council whose opinions were as follows:

D: I don't think you want to look too sexy (blasphemous of me to say, I know) for an interview.
Look B says stylish business woman. It's a little sexy with the color and bare arms if you take off the jacket at any point. Yet it is still what I would consider perfect business dress.

deemed Look A "a little too booby" and chose Look B.

M has decided I need a new cell phone camera because she cannot tell the difference between the two looks other than the jacket. Besides my obvious lacking in technology, she LOVES Look A. To be precise, her response: "Dress. Love." Stop, I can't take it all in!


Though my mother used to tell me, I always wear the OPPOSITE of what she suggested, I do take the council's opinions into account. I'm walking out the door as soon as I post in Look B.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment