Thursday, February 24, 2011

What's The Bright Idea?

I know, I know. I just wrote about nudes and neutrals being a huge trend for Spring and here I am just days later here I am about to tell you all about the bright side of the color spectrum.

Hypocrite? No.
Schizophrenic? Quite possibly. But that's a completely different issue.

That's the beauty of fashion. Options! Remember what I said about my commitment issues? Yeah, I wasn't kidding.

Bright colors were all over the Spring runways and they're in Shop Girl-accessible stores too. If not now, certainly by the time the Spring merchandise hits the shelves. Not quite ready to go as bold this gorgeous head-to-toe color blocked look by Aquilano.Rimondi? Or the budget for the $2400 price tag?



Fear not! The trend is great in small doses too. Find your own way to wear less-is-more pieces like the ones below:

Madewell Chambray Sunset Shirt in Carmine
$68
madewell.com

Forever 21 Silky Staggered Stacked Skirt
$17.80
forever21.com

Nine West Stylin
$89
ninewest.com
pre-order only right now - ships 4/26

Need I say that these pieces are not meant to be worn together? Bold brights look amazing paired with black. Or as the weather warms, try embracing your Summer whites with these shots of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment