Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This Is Gonna Be Big

I wish no one ill will. Not ex-boyfriends, not bitchy former bosses, not even that guy who was driving 35 in a 55 zone on my way to my job interview yesterday. Truly, I wish them only the best. Ok, well maybe not the best but I rarely wish anyone harm. Except when it comes to the dreaded (insert scary movie music here) jegging.

Jegging. Jegging? Jegging! A word that combines jeans and leggings! Now don't get me wrong, I am all for the skinny jean. Hugs in all the right places, perfect for tucking into my tall boots but still looks chic with ballet flats and goes with pretty much anything. But did we really need to go tighter, skinnier, less flattering? Let's not forget that the jegging actually turned into something called The Pajama Jean! Really? Really. Please die. Quickly. Put us all out of our misery. It's already been painful enough.

The first and only time I tried on a pair of jeggings, I wrote this little note to myself:
Dear Raina,
Please do not ever, ever put those monstrosities on again. We felt bad about ourselves and couldn't breathe when you had them on and nearly cried with happiness when you finally took them off.
All our love,
your thighs

This is why I could not be more excited that this Spring, the jean silhouette has gone wide. I don't mean Bootcut, I mean Wide Leg from top to bottom. Reminiscent of the 70's, these jeans are leg-lengthening, flattering and super cool. I cannot wait to wear a silk blouse tucked into them with sky high platforms hidden under the hems.

Whether you shop Platinum, Gold or Debit, super cool options below:

Platinum
Hudson Flap Pocket Wide Leg
$202

Gold
7 For All Mankind Ginger Flare Jeans
$155

Debit
Gap Wide Leg Trouser Jeans
$69.50


Women of Pittsburgh, pay a visit to The Pittsburgh Jean Company (2222 East Carson Street, right off the Birmingham Bridge). The ladies who work there know their jeans and what will work for your body. Plus, FREE alterations. Because we aren't all fit models.

You can't go wrong with a trip to Nordstrom or Bloomingdale's (join me in my crusade to bring Bloomingdale's to Pittsburgh), jean selection like you wouldn't believe and there's almost always a sale.

Peace, love and wide leg jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment